What is the Stormflex system?
The Stormflex System works by invisibly securing roof slates together with a powerful flexible adhesive. This subtle method means the Stormflex System does not alter the functionality or appearance of your roof but maintains its original brilliant breathability andflexibility.
Additionally during the installation process, each slate on the roof is individually checked with any defective slates repaired and on completion, the roof will look like a fabulous old roof which is completely secure.
How does Stormflex work?
After repairing defective slates, each slate is fixed into place using a combination of mechanical grinding and long-lasting flexible structural adhesive. On completion, each slate is connected to the four slates that surround it, meshing the entire roof together.
Incredibly strong and devised in North Wales, the system has stood up to 30 years of British storms without failure.
- Typical savings of 70% over the cost of re-slating.
- Maintains the character of the existing roof.
- Minimal external and internal disruption.
- No need for scaffolding with IRATA-trained operatives.
- NVQ Heritage-trained slating operatives.
- Up to 15 years guarantee.
- 30 years of job and client reference.
- Ecologically friendly.
All operatives carry NVQ Level 2 in Slating, IRATA Level 1 in rope access techniques and a CITB registered Specialist Site Program devised uniquely for the Stormflex System.